VPIphotonics at ECIO 2016 and OWTNM 2016, 18-21 May 2016 in Warsaw, Poland
VPIphotonics is pleased to be a bronze sponsor and speaker at the photonics integrated circuit industry’s must attend conference and workshop.
Visit our stand and hear us speak on 18-21 May.
The aim of 18th European Conference on Integrated Optics (ECIO 2016)
is to provide a forum where experts from both industrial and academic communities within integrated optics and nanophotonics can exchange their new
ideas and latest findings. ECIO covers research in all aspects of photonic integration including: modelling, design, fabrication, packaging, and
applications of Photonics ICs. It includes research on new and existing materials, devices, sub-systems and systems and addresses a broad range of
applications, including communications, signal processing, bio-photonics, sensors, instrumentation, lighting and displays.
The 24th Optical Wave and Waveguide
Theory and Numerical Modelling Workshop (OWTNM 2016) will be held at Warsaw University of Technology, Warsaw, Poland, on 20th and 21st May 2016.
The aim of the Workshop is to address the physical understanding and mathematical description of guided optical waves and related effects in micro-
and nanostructures. The Workshop is to be co-located with the 18th European Conference on Integrated Optics (ECIO 2016).
VPIcomponentMaker™ Photonic Circuits
Design flow for elaborating modern and next generation Opto-Electronics & Photonic Integrated Circuits
VPIcomponentMaker Photonic Circuits is a simulation and design environment for photonic integrated circuits (PICs).
It provides advanced device libraries integrated with a scalable time-and-frequency-domain
simulation framework for fast and accurate modeling of large-scale PICs with a mix of
photonic, electrical and optoelectronic devices.
- Integrated Optics, Silicon and III-V Integrated Photonics: Microrings, Waveguides, Bragg gratings
- Multisection/Tapered Optoelectronic Devices: SOAs, Lasers, Modulators, Switches, 2R/3R Regenerators, Photodetectors
- Electric and Digital Circuits: Active filters, Laser drivers, Transmission lines, Digital logic circuits, ADC/DAC converters
- Investigate photonic device/circuit impact in optical transmission systems with VPItransmissionMaker Optical Systems
Analysis and optimization of straight anisotropic and bent isotropic optical
waveguides and related devices
VPImodeDesigner supports the analysis and optimization
of integrated photonic waveguides and related devices. It implements full vectorial
and semi-vectorial finite-difference mode solvers with support of widely
customizable non-uniform meshing and perfectly matched layer absorbing
boundaries. Full integration with VPIcomponentMaker Photonic Circuits
allows translating waveguide cross-section definitions into model parameters of
passive and active devices.
- Facilitate advanced layout definitions and optimization tasks via powerful Python interface
- Model straight waveguides made of dispersive anisotropic materials
- Model bent waveguides made of dispersive isotropic/lossy materials
- Verify cross-sections and analyze results using advanced visualization capabilities
VPItoolkit™ PDK HHI
Circuits-level Support of Photonics Process Design Kits
VPItoolkit PDK HHI is a pluggable toolkit to VPIcomponentMaker Photonic Circuits.
It supports MPWs at InP-foundry of Fraunhofer Heinrich Hertz Institute
(HHI) and contains libraries of HHI-specific passive, active and tunable circuit elements.
- Prototyping integrated active and passive InP-based photonic integrated circuits with prerequisite functionality
- Fabrication tolerance and yield analysis, Advanced libraries of standard modules & Support of PDAflow API
- Optimization of the designed circuit using standard VPIcomponentMaker Photonic Circuits instrumentation
- Automated export of circuit to PhoeniX OptoDesigner for layout packaging and GDSII mask generation
Layout-Aware Schematic-Driven Design Methodology for Photonic Integrated Circuits
ECIO Poster Session, Wed 18 May 2016, 17:45-19:15
S. Mingaleev, S. Savitski, E. Sokolov, I. Koltchanov, A. Richter
Abstract: We present a novel layout-aware schematic-driven design methodology for large-scale photonic integrated
circuits, which allows combining graphical schematic capture and automated waveguide routing. We demonstrate how a circuit simulator
automatically invokes a layout design tool to resolve dimensions of elastic connectors, construct compact simulation models, and initiate
the circuit simulation.
VPImodeDesigner: An Integrated Framework for Modeling Optical Waveguides and Fibers
OWTNM SESSION #4 - Photonic Design, Sat 21 May 2016, 12:30-12:45
S. Mingaleev, V. Irkhin, N. Karelin, I. Koltchanov, A. Richter
Abstract: We present an integrated scriptable (Python-based) simulation environment enabling efficient design and
optimization of optical waveguides and fibers, made of dispersive and lossy, isotropic and anisotropic materials (including non-diagonal
anisotropy). It provides elaborated user-friendly object-oriented interfaces for mathematical operations with mode fields and other
High-Order Split-Step Time-Domain Modelling of Optoelectronic Devices with Distributed Feedback
OWTNM SESSION #5 - Analysis, Theory and Modelling, Sat 21 May 2016, 15:00-15:15
S. Mingaleev, I. Koltchanov, E. Sokolov, S. Savitski, A. Richter
Abstract: We present a versatile model for designing distributed optoelectronic devices with distributed or lumped
feedback. It implements a fourth-order split-step scheme with highly accurate description of complex-profile DFB and DBR gratings. While
considering all major physical effects, the model supports fractional group delays, and automated fitting of arbitrary gain and